So, you love getting your morning brew from the coffee shop down the road, and now you want to replicate that gorgeous taste at home? If that sounds like you, you’re probably unsure which brewing method to opt for.
Well, if you want to enjoy a rich, delicious cup of Joe, nothing beats a balancing siphon coffee maker.
Yes, these require more effort than an electric machine or the french press, but once you’ve got to grips with it, you’ll be able to blend your favorite coffee beans like the pros do, all within the comfort of your own home.
As you’ve landed on this page, there’s a good chance you want to know which balancing siphon coffee maker is the best on the market; luckily for you, we’re going to list our favorite models here in this article. Keep scrolling for in-depth info on each.
Our 4 Choices
- Manual Syphon Coffee Maker for 3-5 Espresso Cups (500ML- about 17 OZ)
- Beautiful Gold/ Chrome Color body with wooden board base
- Stainless steel water retainer,and plug
- Heat-resistance glass, alcohol burner. Plated balancing shaft,and handle, measuring spoon and cup.
- Easy to use，Easy to Clean
- FLAVORFUL and CLEAN – The coffee brewed with Balancing Siphon Coffee Maker is described as clean, great purity of flavor, aromatic and with no bitterness from many coffee connoisseurs
- BOLD AND GREEN – This environmentally friendly reusable filter is made of natural cloth for better filtration. They let in the tiniest coffee ground particles and other flavors into the final product. The result is a bold tasting cup-a-joe. Easy to use and wash, a single filter will last you for many months
- SOPHISTICATED – Be a proud owner of this polished art piece. Rose Gold plated, hook handle and wooden base. A real conversation starter and center of attraction for it elegant retro-design, brews in style and drink delicious coffee
- MATERIALS AND CAPACITY – 304 stainless steel Vacuum Flask, Siphon Pipette and Filter Head. Borosilicate Brewing Flask. Medical grade silicon seal. Capacity 500ml- about 17oz, for 3-5 Espresso Cups
- PACKAGE – Balance Siphon Coffee Maker set with cloth filter, coffee scoop and water measuring cup
- FLAVORFUL and CLEAN– The coffee brewed with Balancing Siphon Coffee Maker is described as clean, great purity of flavor, aromatic and with no bitterness from many coffee connoisseurs
- SAVE – Save and go green with the permanent filter. The reusable filter is made of fine 18/8 stainless steel mesh housed in a BPA free shell. This filter allows all the flavored oils and nutrients to pass through but retaining the coffee grounds to brews a clean and full flavor cups. Both permanent filter and water retainer can be taken apart for easy cleaning
- SOPHISTICATED – Be a proud owner of this art piece. Sleek silver plated, ridged fulcrum, Tee-handle and glossy wooden base. A real conversation starter and center of attraction for it elegant design, brews in style and delicious coffee
- MATERIALS AND CAPACITY – 304 stainless steel for Water Retainer, Siphon Pipette and filter mesh. Borosilicate Brewing Glass. Medical grade silicon stopper and BPA-free plastic sieve holder. Capacity 500ML- about 17 OZ, for 3-5 Espresso Cups
- PACKAGE – Balance Siphon Coffee Maker set with coffee scoop and water measuring cup.
- Nispira luxury balance siphon coffee maker in copper
- Brown wooden base. Stainless steel water retainer and plug
- The set consists of heat-resistance glass, Plated balancing shaft and handle It also comes with filter cloth, measuring spoon and cup.
- User manual is included. Easy to use. Please check out product review and see why people like the Nispira coffee maker
- 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed. Quality meets or exceeds leading national brand
What’s the Difference Between a Balance Siphon Coffee Maker and the Traditional Stovetop Kind?
Before we go any further with this review, it’s crucial we clarify something. For those of you who are new to the art of coffee making, you need to know there are two kinds of siphon brewers:
- The balancing coffee maker
- The stove top coffee maker
As you can probably guess from the name, the primary difference between the two machines is their heat source.
So, a balancing siphon coffee maker uses an internal heat source to blend your coffee beans- usually either an alcohol or butane gas burner. As such, they’re portable which makes them a fabulous choice for coffee lovers who also enjoy camping.
Whereas a stovetop brewer, requires you heat the machine using a stove (as you probably already guessed!) You’ll also need to use a diffuser to control the level of heat exposure to the gas line connecting your coffee maker to the heat.
Obviously, this is a simplified comparison of the two devices, but that’s pretty much the long and short of it.
Now we’ve clarified the significant differences, let’s dive into our favorite balancing siphon coffee makers!
This beautiful gold-chrome colored siphon coffee maker is sure to make your friends green with envy. It’s the perfect thing to perch on your kitchen sideboard if you want to add a touch of elegance to the room.
But, more importantly, the coffee it makes is to die for! This machine produces anywhere between three and five espresso cups, which is ample for satisfying your morning coffee fix.
Plus, when first use this machine you only have to run it through twice to get a premium cup of coffee (this may sound like a lot of effort, but in comparison to its competitors, it’s pretty good going).
The wooden board base only adds to its charm, but despite its good looks, safety isn’t compromised. The glass is heat-resistant, so there isn’t a danger of it shattering.
This machine comes complete with an alcohol burner, a plated balancing shaft, handle, and a measuring spoon and cup.
Last but not least, it’s relatively easy to both use and clean. Pretty and practical- what more could you want?!
Some users report that the wood forming the base of the machine isn’t the best quality. However, in comparison to the overall glamor of the product, this doesn’t seem like a big deal!
Like any other balance siphon coffee maker, this machine is slow to brew. If you use cold water, there’s a good chance you’ll be waiting half an hour for the magic to happen! However, you can switch out the burner to something more efficient. Many have reported that doing this helps speed the process up.
If you want a coffee maker that produces java that’s both flavorful and clean, this could be the machine for you.
This device helps to ensure the purity of the bean stays intact so you can enjoy all of the beautiful aromas that accompany a sterling mix of coffee. In fact, many coffee connoisseurs report this machine to be one of the best around for ensuring coffee doesn’t turn bitter- so, if you prefer a smoother cup, you’re good to go!
We love that this machine’s also environmentally friendly. The reusable filter is a real selling point, not only will it last you months but it’s also made from natural cloth to guarantee a better filtration process. Even the tiniest coffee grounds add to the final flavor of the cup.
Just like the Kendal Balance Siphon, this model is also easy to use and clean. Similarly, it also produces between three and five espresso cups and comes with a coffee scoop and a water measuring cup.
It doesn’t just produce fantastic coffee; it also looks incredibly sophisticated. Rose gold is all the rage in interior design right now, so adding this piece to your kitchen is a surefire solution to injecting a splash of modern flair while maintaining a retro vibe. Its beautiful hook handle and wooden base only add to the attraction. Some even say that the luxurious combination of black and gold gives this coffee maker an exotic Egyptian vibe.
Reviewers say that for the quality of the brew and its beautiful aesthetic, the machine is incredibly reasonable in price, especially in comparison to the pricier models on the market.
User should note, all of the following features are included:
- A stainless steel vacuum flask
- Siphon pipette
- Filter head
- Borosilicate brewing flask
- Medical-grade silicon rubber seals
- Built-in alcohol burner
Everything you need to kickstart the home coffee brewing process!
Plus, it shouldn’t easily break as the majority of the coffee maker is made from stainless steel. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t handle it carefully- this machine certainly deserves your utmost respect!
There are next to no negative reviews about this product. However, one user did report that their machine suffered leaks where the pins hoist the water tank over the burner. Consequently, the coffee maker now drips water everywhere and can’t suck the coffee back into the device.
From what we can tell, this sounds more like a faulty device rather than a general complaint about the model. However, it’s an issue worth looking out for nonetheless, so you can nip it in the bud.
Another user reported lots of soot accumulating in the coffee server, which leads them to believe that the burner might either be too big or placed too close to the brass vessel. As such, the machine isn’t always easy to clean at the manufacturer claims.
Another complaint is that the lever doesn’t go all the way up like it’s supposed to. So, to turn off the flame, you have to give the bar a real push. This is something worth remembering. Otherwise, you’ll have a fire risk on your hands!
Some users also claim that replacement parts are hard to come by which could be a problem later down the road. Plus, a grinder isn’t included with this machine, so you’ll have to shell out for one (if you haven’t got one already).
Lastly, we’ve seen a few reports that the majority of the instructions provided with this model weren’t in English. So if you’re new to using balancing siphon coffee makers, this could pose an issue.
The Diguo Gen-2 machine is another coffee maker reported to produce an end-result that’s both clean and flavourful. It’s great fun to use, fans of the product say it’s just like watching a science experiment in action. You can see the entire coffee brewing process unfold before your eyes. The elements of heat, pressure, and gravity, combine together to produce a delicious cup of coffee, which for many, is a fascinating spectacle!
Plus, you can save money in the long run while doing your bit for the environment by using this model. It comes with a permanent filter that can be used time and again. So, you won’t have to keep forking out for new filters. It’s made from a delicate 18/8 stainless steel mesh which is caged within a BPA-free shell. This remarkable filter ensures all the delicious flavors and nutrients of the coffee beans pass through to create a cup that’s full of flavor.
Not to mention, cleaning this coffee maker is more accessible than most. Both the filter and water retainer can be dismantled so you can give them a deep scrub.
Similar to the other models listed in this review, this machine is nothing short of stunning. Some even liken it to displaying a piece of art in their kitchen! With its sparkling silver body and dark base, this bad boy is a surefire conversation starter with guests.
Again the English instructions that come with this model are reported to be, well,…not great. There’s a lot of broken and misspelled language. This can make the advice in the manual challenging to understand. As such, some users report being unable to find the correct instructions to work essential parts of the unit.
So, you might already need to have an understanding of how these coffee machines work before you can get to grips with this specific model. Alternatively, just hit YouTube- there’s bound to be an online tutorial somewhere!
You’ll have to run the machine as many as four to five times through to achieve the perfect taste. Although doing this is a faff, the quality of the coffee is certainly worth the wait.
Just like most other machines in this review, the NISPIRA Syphon Coffee Maker also produces between three and five espresso cups.
It’s no wonder the royal family used to use models like these during the late 1800’s…and it’s certainly no surprise that coffee lovers still enjoy using them today! This machine is as elegant as it is practical; it’s the perfect tool for any home brewer looking to master the art of handcrafted coffee.
Not to mention, the stainless steel water retainer with carafe is made from heat resistance glass, so rest assured you won’t find a pool of shattered glass all over your kitchen floor anytime soon.
This model also includes a plated balancing shaft, a handle-operated alcohol burner, and a measuring spoon and cup. So, everything you need to hit the ground running!
Last but not least the aesthetic is nothing short of beautiful — the gold-chrome colored bodywork goes incredibly well with the brown wooden board base. If you’re looking for a coffee machine to add a touch of extravagance to your home, this certainly won’t disappoint.
As balance siphon coffee makers go, this one’s a tad expensive. So, if you’re on a budget, you might want to consider an alternative model.
Users report this machine to be incredibly challenging to clean, making it an impractical choice for regular use. Plus, finding replacement parts are apparently hard to come by, which could pose a potential difficulty year’s down the line.
Again, the instructions included with this model are mainly written in Chinese and the little English there is, is incredibly poor- making it difficult to understand how to set up and use the machine (unless you already have the know-how).
More concerningly, one reviewer said the knob on the spout which is used to pour the coffee, broke after only two months. Unfortunately, this revealed an ugly handle made of plastic beneath.
We hope this review helped you find a balance siphon coffee maker that suits your needs. To be honest, all of the above models are pretty good, so you shouldn’t go too far wrong with any of them. However, the one with the least complaints online seems to be the Kendal Balance Siphon Coffee Maker- so this is probably your safest bet!
Have you used any of the machines mentioned in this review? If so, we’d love to hear how you got on with them in the comments box below. Let’s kick off the convo, speak soon!
Rosie Greaves is a professional content strategist who specializes in all things lifestyle. You can also find her published on 2Caffeinated, Cake and Lace Blog, and Love You Tomorrow. Check out her website Blog with Rosie for more information.
Last update on 2021-06-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API