A siphon coffee maker (also known as a vacuum coffee maker) is a unique brewing method that uses vapor pressure and a strong vacuum to produce some of the freshest coffee available. Truly seen as a work of art, the siphon coffee making process is as much about the visual and tactical appeal as the end result. Here we will discuss the three best vacuum coffee makers available for about $100 and how to tell which one is right for you.
And just FYI, in this post you’ll find links to the products on Amazon. I do get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
In This Guide:
The 3 Best Siphon Coffee Makers Around $100
Below we selected three of the top coffee maker models that are available for around $100. We will highlight the best features of each one to help you decide which model will best suit your needs.
#1 – Yama Glass Stovetop Siphon Brewer
Top choice for budget and ease of use
One of the most affordable brewing systems of its kind, the Yama Glass brewer comes in both a 22 and 40-ounce size. It is also probably one of the simplest and easiest to use in its class of siphon brewers. The following are some additional highlights of the Yama Glass coffee maker.
* Variable 22 or 40-ounce sizes available
* Simple, easy to use design
* Most affordable option at under $70
* Most compact design for those with limited space
The Yama Glass coffee maker offers many benefits to those wanting to achieve the visual appeal and taste that comes with siphon style coffee makers, but without breaking the bank. Due to the more affordable cost, the glass used in this coffee maker is a bit thinner. Therefore, be sure to use caution while cleaning to avoid breakage.
#2 – Hario Technica Siphon Brewer
Top choice if you value both sophistication and value
- Upper bowl, lower bowl and burner are made of the best heat resistant borosilicate glass from Hario
- Stand, burner cover, and filter are made of stainless steel
- Imported from Japan
- Item dimmensions are: 14"H x 6.2"W x 4.3"L; 5 Cup Capacity
- Fasteners are made of brass; windbreak is made of aluminum
Thanks to the Japanese-inspired efficiency with the design, the Hario Technica siphon brewer is a favorite at small coffee shops everywhere. If you make a habit of visiting local coffee shops, you may very well have seen this model behind the counter. This middle of the range coffee maker offers the following benefits:
* Available in a 3 or 5 cup capacity
* Sophisticated but still efficient and easy to use
* Hardy thick glass is much less likely to be broken
#3 – Nispira Belgian Balance Syphon
Top choice if you’re looking for a unique syphon.
- Nispira luxury balance siphon coffee maker in Gold
- Brown wooden base. Stainless steel water retainer and plug
- The set consists of heat-resistance glass, Plated balancing shaft and handle It also comes with filter cloth, measuring spoon and cup.
- User manual is included. Easy to use. Please check out our product review and see why people like the Nispira coffee maker
- 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed. Quality meets or exceeds leading national brand
Designed with over the top looks to impress even the most sophisticated guests, the Nispira Belgian Siphon Coffee Maker provides a luxurious center point for your kitchen. The main features of this coffee maker are listed below.
* Features an intricate construction designed to impress
* Once started, machine is easy to use
* Metal design provides a greater degree of durability
Coffee lovers everywhere enjoy the robust flavor and unique design and brewing methodology that the vacuum coffee maker allows for. Read on to learn what factors to consider when buying, to be sure to find the one that suits your personal preferences and needs.
How to Choose the Best Vacuum Coffee Maker?
Choosing the coffee maker that will best suit your needs and preferences really comes down to the following three points.
* Stovetop vs Stand Alone Unit
Only you know how much time you have to devote to the preparation of your coffee each day. Additionally, you know how you prefer to prepare it on an ongoing basis. Many units are available that must be used in conjunction with your stovetop burners. Other units are completely functional as is, and the whole process can be completed from start to finish right on your countertop. Both stovetop and stand alone units provide the same fresh end result. It’s just dependent on your preference of the method that gets you there.
* Brew Capacity
As with any other type of coffee maker, different brands and models have different brewing capacities. If you drink coffee repeatedly throughout the day or you entertain and plan to serve a lot of coffee to guests, you may wish to purchase a coffee maker with a larger brewing capacity.
* Visual Appeal
The rest of your decision strictly comes down to the visual appeal. While they function in the same manner, various models of coffee makers can look very different. Since this is a coffee maker designed to be enjoyed in an aesthetic manner as it is doing its job, you’ll want to choose a model that speaks to you in a visual way. You’ll know when you see a coffee maker that you would be proud to have sitting on your kitchen countertop at any given time.